Sunday 25 June 2017

Took my new old camera to Africa

I feel like I am the queen of click bait right now because I didn't even go to Africa, I am SO sorry. There is this place near me that reminds me a lot of Africa, even though not any of us has been to Africa. I mean, photoshop a giraffe on the background and there you go. So believable. On the other hand I did get a 'new' camera, a Olympus OM10. Yes, an analog camera. I kind of ruined my first film (sadly), but the second one makes it more than alright and so let me show you why.

It's such a shame, but I fell in love with analog photography a few years back now. Sadly I kind of forget about it when I realised that it isn't the most cheap thing in the world. One night I was really bored and kind of not feeling that day and to cheer myself up I was just browsing through the internet for a 'new' camera to continue my analogue photography with, as my other one wasn't working properly anymore.

And a days later I was the owner of another camera, inclusive all these cool things like filters and things I have never used before. I got way too enthusiastic and for some reason I completely ruined my first film, which was actually a really sad moment.

But then when my sister, my boyfriend and I decided to go to Africa (lol, explanation above), I thought that was a good moment to try another attempt to shoot another film.




It looks a liiiittle bit like Africa, doesn't it? Photoshop a little elephant or a rhino somewhere inbetween the grass and there you go. It has it perks living in the middle of nowhere. We also went around sunset so the light is a bit intense, which makes it harder to take photographs. Especially analog and especially since it was basically the first time using this camera and I had NO idea what they would look like.






Alright, now following are one of my favourite pictures I took (I think, I honestly quite like them all). The sun really started to go down and oh how I love the golden hour. Also, those little happy accident (ha ha) like underneath are literally my favourite thing ever. I don't know if it's something that my camera does or the person that developed my film. If it is the second option, you are great please do it again. 

(Someone who actually knows this though?)





I don't wanna sound all snippy but can I say that I am a little bit in love with all these pictures? It's probably not even because of the pictures I took but I just love the whole analog vibe to them that I can't mention it enough. When I got the pictures back I even took them with me to bed so I could look at the one more time before napping. Too much? I know right. Oops.

Also big thanks to my boyfriend for being the victim to model for almost half of my pictures I took. "No, STAND STILL" "..." "Not like that, take a step back" "No that's to much.. Take a little ste- NOOO TO MUCH" is an example of how it went pretty much all the time. Thanks again. Lots of hearts, hehe.

So anyway. Sometimes I am not active on my blog for almost 6 months and then I post two blogposts in not even a week. Woah. Anyway, I really hoped you liked this little post and that some people can understand my love for shooting with film cause I think it's absolutely amazing. I really want to continue with it so if that is going to happen, I will make another blogpost happen as well. Promise!

Love,
Kim.

8 comments:

  1. I really like them. Would love to go to 'your' Africa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wat een toffe foto's! Het sfeertje is echt geweldig<3 Enne.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_leak some explanation right here haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh wat een prachtige foto's! Het licht is ZO MOOI! Heerlijk sfeertje! Hihi, het doet me best wel denken aan Afrika ja! We waren een keer in Frankrijk en toen stonden we ook opeens in het midden van een landschap wat ook gewoon in Afrika had kunnen zijn: een geel veld met hoog gras en af en toe zo'n typisch Afrikaanse boom. Haha, dat was best vreemd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What software do you use to edit your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, love this. I sure hope this isnt your last blog?

    ReplyDelete