Sunday 31 January 2016

I finished a whole sketchbook

People who finish around 5 sketchbooks in a year, how? I remember buying this sketchbook around two years ago with in mind I would actually finish it for once. And I did! So I thought it would be fun to film a little video showing what's in my sketchbook.

When I started in this sketchbook, I was 17 years old. The only things I drew at that point were mainly pencil drawings. So I thought it would be fun to try something totally different, and I decided to start drawing with pens.

I also tried to experiment with other mediums, like watercolour and colour pencil. Something I've never really used before and tried to use properly. And because of the fact I started using mediums I've never used before, in two years of time I think I can say I got a bit more skilled with some of them.. But for now I'll stop rambling and just show the video first.


As you can see- or I hope you can see, I made a lot of progress. If you compare one of the first few pages to the last ones, to me it doesn't look like it's been drawn by the exact same person. Which is good, but the bad thing about it is that it makes me really dislike the first like 20 pages. But oh well. I'll get over it, huh?

Love,
Kim.

11 comments:

  1. WAUWAUWAUW... Je tekent/schildert ZO MOOI!! Die winkel! Die olifant! Die insecten! Die Big Ben! Het handje van Fatima! Die DOCs! Die vlinders! Echt heel prachtig allemaal!
    liefs

    ReplyDelete
  2. --> Wat Arjanne zegt ;)
    Echt stuk voor stuk prachtige werkjes (ook de eerste twintig pagina's!)
    De dieren zijn wel echt mijn favoriet. Zo prachtig!
    Groetjes Senna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heel lief en leuk om te horen, thanks <3

      Delete
  3. Wat onwijs moooooi Kim. Echt, ik loop met verbazing te kijken naar het filmpje, wát een talent!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wauw wat onwijs mooi ! ik vind ook de eerste paar tekeningen echt prachtig ik kan namelijk totaal niet tekenen en kijk hier echt vol bewondering naar !
    vooral de vlinders en vlechten zijn schitterend zeg !
    xx Ish

    ReplyDelete
  5. De tekeningen in het begin waren al mooi maar die daarna, wauw! Je hebt je inderdaad echt ontwikkeld. Super mooi! *Applaus*

    Liefs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaauw dit is echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauuuuuuuw, je schetsboek is mooi!!

    ReplyDelete