Wednesday 13 January 2016

About Venice and a tattoo

Even though the picture above doesn't really look like I am still alive, I am. But, in the time it didn't seem like I was alive I went to Venice and I got a tattoo, as you can see in the picture above. Yay! Even though it's a few months later, it's never too late to share. Right?

So firstly, I got a tattoo. It's just a small '+' sign on my left wrist. And even though it looks like a really simple sign to probably anyone really, it means a lot to me and I am still very happy with it!

And yes, Venice. I should have done this blogposts 3 months ago but oh well. Better late than never, they say. But I went to Venice in October last year and it was absolutely amazing. I've never travelled that far actually which made it even more exciting.

I can tell a lot about it, how much fun it was, the fact that I went with school, that I saw more art in two days than I did in my whole life, etc. But I think it's better to just show you. So here are all the pictures I took. Enjoy!

(Oh, and a little note kinda thingy.. On the two first days, rain was literally pouring down which literally makes Venice look like it is sinking a bit. So if you are wondering why it looks like it's flooded everywhere, it's because it is)








Oh, and the journey back home was as beautiful as Venice. I've never seen mountains in my life, until the moment we drove our way back through Austria. I mean, isn't this wonderful?



I took over 600 pictures and deciding which ones to post and which ones not to were hard decisions. I thought everything was so stunning. A lot of buildings looked very old and maybe a bit damaged, but that's a part that made me fall in love with Venice even more. Beside the beautiful colour blue of the water, the buildings, the reflections in the water everywhere around you.

And before I start rambling like I always do, I'll just stop writing riiiight now. Hope you enjoyed this blogpost and if you noticed; I changed my blog name to kimolyslager- aka my 'real' name!

Love,
Kim.

5 comments:

  1. Wauw wat een prachtige stad. Ik ga er in April voor het eerst heen. Ik heb er zoveel zin in. Ik ben ook heel erg benieuwd naar je verhaal achter je tattoo. Ziet er in ieder geval heel tof uit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wat super leuk! Neem waterdichte schoenen mee zou ik zeggen, het hoeft maar een klein beetje te regenen en straten zijn zo erg ondergelopen dat je om moet lopen!

      Delete
  2. Wauw, Venetiƫ... Lijkt me echt een prachtige stad! Gaaf zeg, je tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja echt heel mooi! De eerst twee dagen heeft het meer geregend dan het droog was en toen op de laatste dag de zon ook nog eens begon te schijnen met een blauwe lucht, wauw!

      Delete
  3. AH, ik wil ook naar Venice!!!! Wat een prachtige foto's en I LOVE YOUR TATTOO!

    ReplyDelete