Thursday 23 April 2015

So I took some pictures with a pretty old camera

A while ago I bought an analog SPR camera at the local charity shop. Not even to take pictures with if I am going to be honest.. It just looked really pretty. But then I decided to put a film in it, and just shoot some pictures with it. Not knowing if it still worked or not. Apparently it worked (dah), so I thought I'd do a blogpost about it. Just because.

Don't expect really pretty pictures, as I said I didn't even know if it still worked so I didn't put effort in it to be honest. Half of the pictures were horrible but these are the ones I liked the most. Gosh, there's just something about the look of the pictures made with analog camera's. Sigh. Loving it.

These are the first two pictures I took. To me, they are surprisingly good. One, because they're the first two pictures of a brand new camera I barely know anything about. Second, this little bird friend of mine is the reason half of my polaroid pictures fail. She just feels the need to pose like a model and when I am about to take the picture move as much as she can possibly can. Thanks girl. Thanks.

Mornings like this make me so happy and I don't think a picture can explain that. Painting. Smoothie. Pretty light. Aaah. Oh and in case you're wondering, I was painting a cherry tree and I am pretty sure I did a blog post about it.

Sometimes it gets even better and my dog comes to chill with me. Ello mate.

Art makes me really happy and I think this is another picture trying to express that happiness I can only really feel the way I want you to feel it.


I love rain. It's as simple as that.

"I'm just gonna shake shake shake, shake it off, shake it off oeh oeh oeeeh" Taylor Swift inspires him a lot.

In this picture I found out as long as you scream words that interest him (cookies, food, walk, *insert names of dogs he knows, cause he's a smart dog), or people names), you'll get a picture like this. And in case you're wondering.. Yes he is sitting in a chair, like pretty much all the time.

Aaand those are all the pictures that didn't get blurry or were ruined by the bad lighting, as my camera doesn't have a flash. Which I don't really mind, cause I do like it when pictures are a bit darker. I can't wait to take more pictures with my new/old camera. Is it weird I'd even prefer this camera over my digital SPR camera? Oh well.

Love,
Kim.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! The quality is surprisingly good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am kind of surprised too!

      Delete
  2. Okay first of all your photographs are amazing,second of all your painting is utterly brilliant and your dog is adorable! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the rain shots look amazing! Great job!

    xx Ella
    Kaleidoscope-of-Heartbeats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smoothie one and the rain on the window is always a classic photo - love it! Abi :)
    http://www. myw0rldmyview.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooie foto's! Ik heb ook net een rolletje gekocht voor mijn analoge camera en ik ga binnenkort fotograferen. Ik ben heel benieuwd naar het resultaat. Leuke blog heb je, en wat een cute hond:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw wat een gave foto's! Je kunt trouwens ook heel goed tekenen<3
    X Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these pictures with watercolours - it's amazing how you with your analogue camera catch tones and light. And of course: your autoportrait!

    ReplyDelete