Friday 1 May 2015

The will of wanting to

Alright, this blog post has nothing to do with a rhino. If you like rhinos and you were hoping for that- I am sorry. But while finishing this drawing I had some really worth knowing and hopefully helpful thoughts, in response of reading the book 'It's not about how good you are, it's about how good you want to be'.

I draw a lot. Which isn't a strange fact or something. Better said, I think that's the kind of thing a person automatically things when they think of me. Also, things like "you are really talented!" or "Oh why can't I draw like you?" are things I hear quite a lot.

The thing I reply every time to the last question is, "because I draw more than I get sleep". And it's as simple as that. I couldn't be more into self-improvement if I'd try. Even though it drives me crazy now and then, I also think it is one of the best things about me. I constantly feel the need to be better than I was before. Improving. Improving. Improving.

 

And this is just a example. The first drawing is made in March 2014. The other one is just from a few days ago. A difference of a year. I remember being so proud of the first one, while when I look at now I don't get how I could ever like it. Which again- I think is a good thing.

I've got a thousand (well, not that much but you get what I mean) of examples like this. Now I feel like doing a whole blogpost about drawings I made in 2010, but it's actually too embarrassing haha.

What I am trying to say is that you can possibly do anything you want. That "but I can't do it" or "I don't have talent" is no excuse at all and that if you really want something, you should just go for it.
My artwork is far from perfect but the improvement I make every year is worth it to keep going. It's the will of wanting to.

I just wanted to share this.

Love,
Kim.

7 comments:

  1. Wauw wat mooi! Ik vind de 1e ook heel tof haha, maar goed ik kan ook totaal niet tekenen dus vind alles knap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geweldige post! Ik herken me hier ook echt in; het is inderdaad zo 'practise makes perfect', ik teken ook heel veel en mijn tekenkunsten gaan met stappen vooruit, heel leuk om te zien. Die tweede tekening is echt prachtig:)
    Ik moet misschien ook maar weer eens een paar tekeningen op mijn blog zetten,ik vind het namelijk altijd heel leuk om te zien van anderen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Ja is zo leuk om echt je vooruit gang te zien vind ik. Echt weer een motivatie. Jaaaa ik zeg doen! Ik vind het zo leuk om tekeningen van andere mensen te zien. :)

      Delete
    2. verrassing: ik heb mijn tekeningen gepost! Ik had eigenlijk een ander artikel gepland voor vandaag maar door jou heb ik nu dus mijn tekeningen weer gepost. Heb je natuurlijk wel even credit gegeven voor de inspi ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, wat ontzettend prachtig. Ze mogen aan mijn muur hoor. Mag ik een bestelling plaatsen? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw lief, dankjewel! Ik weet niet of je serieus bent of niet, maar zoja- graag!

      Delete