Friday 8 May 2015

Painting without paint

Painting with tea. Something I started doing a while ago. Because what is better than creating something while not even using actual 'art material'. The art of making art while not using art materials. I just wanted to see if i could fit the word 'art' in one sentence, I did it. I also recorded it, so if you're curious.. Hi. Keep reading.

When I was younger I thought the better the material you're working with, the better the result. You know, if you've got a great professional camera you are already able to take great pictures. If you've got really expensive pencils, your work will automatically better than someone who used cheap pencils.

Which- of course, isn't true at all. In fact, I bet a photographer is able to take better pictures with just an iPhone than someone who isn't a photographer, using a professional camera.

And that's the reason I like to paint by using tea or coffee only. Or ballpoint pen. Just because they're not expensive and all and just with a bit of creativity, you can make them work. So today I painted Matty Healy (The 1975) by using tea only and I recorded it.


I really like making art video's but also I really don't. For some reason I feel this pressure while recording myself when I am drawing. I hate it when I screw up and especially while recording, so I just try too hard sometimes. Which makes me screw up. But I do like the video and the result so yay.

And now I feel like making more art video's. Yes or nah?

Love,
Kim.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Wat ben jij creatief zeg, echt zo gaaf! Supermooi getekend<3
    X Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel heel heel tof gedaan. Zeker zulke kort maar krachtige filmpjes blijven maken.Ik ben nieuwsgierig, maak je de thee tekening uit je hoofd of gebruik je een voorbeeld?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw super lief, dankjewel! Ik kijk naar een foto haha :) Ook al kijk ik er steeds minder na en doe ik denk wat goed is, en is dat uiteindelijk vaak niet goed. Maar oké, het werkt haha. :)

      Delete
  3. love love love the 1975 and this painting!

    ReplyDelete