Sunday 12 February 2017

A lil' shiny beetle

Recently I did a great discovery called 'gouache'. It sounds really fancy, but it's the paint most of us children used to paint with. It's no acrylic but no watercolour as well, but I'd say it's a baby of those two. It's a bit tricky at first, but now that I've got the hang of it I can't stop. And to make it even better, I found gold and silver paints that I am basically obsessed with. So today I painted this lil' shiny cool guy.

The thing that makes gouache kind of tricky it the substance it has if you ask me. To me it feels a bit like glue somehow. And sometimes when I add another layer it seems that it lifts up the layer underneath it. Like, uh..?

But alright. In case you didn't know, I am in love with painting and drawing everything that is close to nature basically. One of my favourites has to be a beetle- especially since I started to paint more instead of using only black pens, so I decided to paint another one. I also decided to record the progress, and put it on YouTube!

YouTube is something I've been loving recently. Two years back I studied graphic design for about two years and the only thing I did enjoy was the film bit. I've always been loving photography, but now filming was introduced to be I fell in love with it as well. To be able to combine film and art in one thing is something I've been absolutely loving. And before I start to ramble, I'll leave you with the video of this lil' beetle.


I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did creating it and if you've got any suggestions what to paint/draw or a video idea let me know! I really like writing on my blog but sometimes I feel like nothing is special enough to post on here, which is not true at all. Stupid me.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and (hopefully) see you soon. Sooner than the time between my last blog post and this one. Whoops.

Love,
Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment