Tuesday 27 December 2016

A painting for my boyfriend

From drawing as tiny as possible to a painting that barely fit into my room. Joke, it's not that massive-  but for me it kind of felt like it. Oil painting is still very new to me, secretly I've got no clue of what I am doing. And painting this big with the urge to get it as perfect as possible was kind of a challenge I have to admit. But, I did it! 

Six months it took me to finish this painting. Luckily for me I started around july already. Knowing I'd probably paint with the speed level of a sloth (if they could paint, yes). And oh bless me for starting that early, as I finished it literally a week before I planned to give him the painting.

I filmed the whole progress, which I am so glad I did. Even though it was a struggle sometimes, especially because autumn came around and it started to get dark before I got home and got the chance to continue with it. But I think it's so cool to just see the whole progress. Plus the fact I am the kind of person that doesn't really think while painting- so if you'd ask me how I did something, I wouldn't have the answer. This way I can give answers, haha!

Now I kind of feel like I need to stop talking for a little bit and show the video, before I start writing down everything I said in the video.


Isn't it strange how probably more than a hundred hours, spread over 6 months are just transformed in a little video of barely 6 minutes? And in those barely six minutes I feel like I said everything I wanted to say about it. 

But what I didn't mention in the video is that stupid me bought a frame a few months back already, and a few days before giving him the painting I found out that the frame didn't fit. Can you hear me crying? Ughhhh. I decided that I was just going to get it framed, which I am so glad I did as the result was wonderful.

The fact that I did this painting for my boyfriend probably helped with everything I struggled with while creating it. I know for sure that if it wasn't for him, I'd never spend the amount of time I did this time. And I don't want to get all gushy with "oh my god I love him so much blablaba", but he literally is my favourite person I feel like he deserves all the time I worked on it. 

Beside that, I don't really know what to say anymore as again- I feel like I said what I wanted to say in the video. So, I'm just going to leave you with some pictures. 







  I hope you liked this blogpost and video as much as I enjoyed creating everything in it. And also, have an amazing holiday!

Love,
Kim.

2 comments: