Sunday 12 October 2014

Artsy Sunday

Today was, or still is the kind of Sunday I love the most. Doing nothing, but at the same time feeling really productive. And I think that's the perfect way to describe today's Sunday. For some reason today made me really happy for no reason.  So happy that I feel the need to write a blog post about it. Art may or not be the reason of that happiness. And that's what I want to share with you all today, a little bit of art.

Art is amazing. Just getting that out there. Not that it's something new, but alright. There are so many ways of art, that it's impossible to count. Every person sees art in a different way, and I am finding that so unbelievable beautiful that I literally can't bring it into words. About a week ago I posted a comment on someone his Instagram saying "I wish I could draw like you, my art is so different from yours". He replied saying that the difference is the best thing part and a whole story explaining why. So yes, that's what has been on my mind for the whole week basically. Briefly stated.

Saturday night- around 11:00PM to be a bit more exact, I decided to repaint I drawing I did about two months ago. I redraw or repaint my art now and then, but mostly drawings and paintings I did years ago. But, my grand mum has been telling me she really likes this painting I made and so I thought "Hey, why not make her one too?". And that's what I did.

I started sketching and painting the hair first, but I felt so tired that I went to sleep. But, if I'm working on something the chances are big that I'll wake up really early to finish what I started. And today, that was also what happened. Normally I can sleep till 1:00PM without any effort. But this time, my body decided to wake itself up at 8:00AM. Pretty early. Nah.

But I woke up, made myself a big cup of tea, made an acoustic playlist on my iPod and basically started painting. I just paint with watercolour by the way, in case you were wondering!

I dried flowers a while ago, because why not? You never know when you can use them for anything, so hooray for me! Cause, I needed them for this drawing. I think the look of dried flowers is so cool, and just the fact that it is possible to let them dry so you can keep your flowers for such a long time? Really cool.

Oh and let me explain, the idea of the drawing is basically painting the hair. And then by using the dry flowers, creating a flower crown. As I said I did a drawing like that before, and I enjoyed it so much! I think it's a really cool, artsy, idea, and it looks different from other drawings.

Gosh, believe me. Using glue to stick these leaves to the paper is impossible! I think it took me actually longer than painting the whole hair. Okay well, maybe not, but close. Oh, and I just started off by putting leaves on the place of the flower crown. Simply because the flowers don't really cover everything, and I didn't paint anything underneath it so it'd look really white and unrealistic if I didn't.

Once I covered all the space off the not-yet-existing flower crown, I started glueing different kind of flowers on the leaves. Which was as you may or not expect again, really hard.


After struggling really hard for about an hour, this is the result. I have to say that it looks better in 'real life', but alright. I decided to simply draw her blouse by using a pencil. Not because I wouldn't like it with watercolour, but just because I can't paint clothes. Oh yes..

And that's it. Just a short blog post, I know. But I just felt like sharing this and I hope you do too. As if you couldn't tell after reading this blog post, I really like art and sometimes I feel like I am expressing that not as much as I should in my blog posts. So, if you want to see more blog posts like this, please let me know!

Love,
Kim.

10 comments:

  1. That is absolutely amazing! Well done! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, dat is werkelijk echt PRACHTIG! Supermooi! Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo amazing! haha I am the opposite of you. I can barely paint hair but absolutely adore painting clothes. Sweeeeet! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soo good! Wow!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out how to get involved by checking out my post http://catrionaaitken.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html

    Keep blogging,

    Catriona xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, dat is echt heel mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, dit is echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, dit is echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing painting! absolutely beautiful. i got some oil paints a while ago and your art posts have been motivating me to START PAINTING even though you mostly use water colours.
    -liv

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dit is geweldig!!!!

    ReplyDelete